You don't need a bamboo rolling mat to make these sushi balls — all you need is your hands! Creamy avocado is enveloped in rice that's been seasoned with rice vinegar and maple syrup and then covered with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. These are the perfect light lunch you can make ahead of time or have them for dinner served with a side of soup and salad.
Avocado Sushi Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup Calrose rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 avocado
- A hint of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package directions, in this case, use 1 cup of rice for 1 1/2 cups of water over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- When the rice is still warm add salt, rice vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Cut small pieces of avocado, sprinkle with lime juice, and using damp hands, cover with rice and shape into balls.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve.