If you love pizza and love avocado, then you’re going to adore this recipe! A base of vibrant green avocado-buckwheat crust is topped with even more avocado, olives, pine nuts, and arugula. Talk about a unique pie!
Avocado Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 ripe avocado
- A squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- A twist of black pepper
For the Toppings:
- Toasted pine nuts
- Remove the flesh of the avocado and add to a medium-sized bowl. Mash up the avocado then remove half and add it to another bowl.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to one bowl.
- In the other bowl, add in the buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly, then keep adding a little water and mixing until you get a dough (if it's too sticky add some more flour).
- Flour a chopping board then knead the dough for a couple of minutes. Form the dough into a disc shape with your fingers.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high and carefully add the pizza base to the pan with a spatula.
- Cook on each side for a couple of minutes then remove from the pan.
- Top with smashed avocado, olives, pine nuts, and arugula.