This meal is filling and full of flavor!
Avo Toast with Vegg [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Avo Toast with Vegg [Vegan]
For the Vegg Whites:
- 1/4 cup cubed extra firm tofu
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon agar powder (I use NOW brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon kala namak (black salt)
For the Vegg Yolks:
- 1 large white potato peeled, cubed, and boiled until soft (I cooked mine for 18 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon kala namak
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Avocado:
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
For the Toast:
- 2 slices any gluten-free bread
For the Topping:
- Red pepper flakes
How to Prepare Avo Toast with Vegg [Vegan]
- To make the vegg white; Add the tofu, water, nutritional yeast, agar powder, and kala namak to a blender and process until completely liquefied.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan and heat to a soft boil, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a cup with a lip.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and then in the fridge for an hour.
- To make the vegg yolks; Add the boiled potato to a medium bowl. Add the nutritional yeast, kala namak, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mash until the mixture is smooth.
- Take the vegg white mixture out of the fridge and pop them out of the molds.
- Take a melon baller and scoop out the middle of the vegg white to make room for the yolks.
- Then take the melon baller and scoop from the vegg yolk mixture and place it in the middle of the vegg white to make it look like a real boiled egg!
- To assemble the avocado toast; Spread half the mashed avocado on a slice of toast and top with the poached vegg. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Do the same with the other slice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.