A caramelized, sweet squash dish- the perfect comfort food for any occasion. Get ready for the holiday season with this winter squash recipe.
Autumn Maple Sage Acorn Squash [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-8 sage leaves, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash into slices, setting aside clean seeds.
- Heat olive oil, butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Brush squash slices with maple and sugar liquid, place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle squash with brown sugar, if desired, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle sage leaves on squash, add salt and pepper, and bake another 10-20 minutes or until soft.
- For seeds: place in glass baking dish, spray with olive oil spray (or toss lightly in oil), sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake until they begin to pop. Sprinkle on top of the squash, and serve.