This Asian Sesame Noodle Salad is wonderful served as a meal or side dish. Sesame oil and rice wine vinegar have got to be one of the most harmonious combinations ever! You can serve it cold or room temperature thus making it the perfect dish to bring to a party or potluck.
Asian Sesame Noodle Salad [Vegan]
For the salad:
- Spaghetti Pasta
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper - fresh or roasted - julienned or diced - about 3/4 cup
- 1 Small Yellow Bell Pepper - julienned or diced
- 1 Carrot - julienned or sliced - about 1 cup
- 3/4 Cup Chives or Green Onion - thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 Serrano Chilies - minced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro - whole or roughly chopped
- Black Sesame Seeds Optional
- 1/4 Cup+ 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Tablespoons Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Tamari or to taste
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic - finely minced - about 2 large Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger Root - grated or microplaned - optional
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Sliced Almonds
- Red Cabbage
- Red Onion
- Red Chili Flakes
- Roast the pepper on the stovetop on medium high heat. A gas stove works the best but it will work fine on an electric stove.
- Char the peppers on all sides turning with a pair of tongs.
- When good and charred, steam them for 10 minutes in a covered dish or a paper bag rolled shut to hold in the steam.
- Take a paper towel and rub off the char. It’s ok to leave a little of the char.
- Slice in half and remove the seeds and stems.
- Make the dressing and set aside.
- Cook the pasta and let cool.
- When the pasta is cool, add the dressing, carrots, pepper, chives and serrano chilies to the pasta and stir in carefully.
- Top with black sesame seeds and enjoy!