This apple bread is sweet and moist and full of apple goodness. If you have any apples that are getting a little soft, feel free to use them up in this recipe. The ingredients call for apple butter which you can make yourself or you can use store bought. You can also use applesauce if that’s what you can find. Top a piece with some vegan butter for a snack any time, or go crazy and top with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream! I will do both.
Apple Loaf Cake [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar plus another ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter or applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 apples, peeled and diced small
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and 3/4 sugar until creamy.
- Add apple butter, vanilla, and milk and blend until smooth.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir 1/3 cup brown sugar and chopped apples together.
- Stir half the apples into the batter.
- Pour batter into a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- Sprinkle remaining apple pieces over the top and press lightly into batter.
- Bake for about 20-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.