Check out this combination of roasted beets, cashew cheese, candied walnuts, crispy apple slices and spinach, drizzled with a bright dressing. You won’t be disappointed.
Apple and Beet Salad with Candied Walnuts and Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large or 4 small yellow and red beets
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- candied walnuts
- a few handfuls of spinach
- optional: cashew cheese
For candied walnuts:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash beets and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast for 1 hour or until soft. Let cool slightly. Peel and slice beets and set aside. (Wear kitchen gloves if you don’t want stained hands)
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for candied walnuts, place on parchment paper lined sheet and roast for 15 minutes, tossing once half way. Remove and let cool.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- To plate; add spinach, apple and beet slices, cashew cheese and candied walnuts and drizzle with dressing.