Creamy, luxurious alfredo sauce made with no oil or butter? It sounds too good to be true, but here is the proof that it's possible. This alfredo sauce is incredible as a comforting dinner or any other time you want a wonderful meal!
Alfredo Sauce [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 teaspoon mild/yellow miso
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (about 10 turns)
- Drain and discard the water from the soaked cashews and place the cashews in a blender, along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until creamy and smooth. The sauce will seem thin but no worries, it will thicken up as it heats up.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium-sized saucepan, turn the heat to the lowest possible setting and cook for 10 minutes, stir often so the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
This sauce is super yummy served over cooked whole wheat or whole grain pasta and topped with steamed broccoli and roasted cherry tomatoes (as photographed).