A warm peanut stew, perfect for a cozy night in!
African-Inspired Chickpea Peanut Stew [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1.5 cup veggie broth
- 1.5 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained not rinsed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper + more if desired for a good punch
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the ginger powder and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir slowly and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes until you reach the desired thickness.
- Serve with rice or enjoy it as-is!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile