These potato pancakes are an easy and delicious breakfast recipe the whole family will love!
3-ingredient Potato Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 pounds gold potatoes, cut into 1-2″ chunks (peeled or not, your choice)
- 1 cup rough-chopped sweet onion (I used yellow)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- twist of black pepper to top (optional)
- Place the potatoes and the onion in a food processor and pulse until you achieve a consistency that is still a bit chunky, but fine enough to qualify as a “batter.”
- Add the rice flour and pulse just a few times to combine.
- Drop by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a skillet over medium heat. Add a little oil to the pan if you're using stainless steel skillet. Use your scooper to flatten the cakes and shape them a bit. Also, and this is important, as the batter sits the potatoes will release a lot of their water, so make sure you stir the batter well prior to cooking each batch.
- Add a twist of black pepper to each pancake as they cook if you like. As the pancakes cook they will firm up. Use your spatula to push the edges in as they firm so they are neat and round.
- These take a while to cook, about 8-10 minutes per side. I’m sure it’s because of all the water that the potatoes release. Keep the cooked cakes in a warm oven while you work on the remainder. Don’t be impatient. Flip them when they are golden brown on the bottom and cook again until golden and set.