Welcome, sustainability enthusiasts and vegan burger lovers alike! As the tides turn in America’s culinary scene, plant-based burgers are taking center stage. Celebrating this gustatory revolution and in line with National Burger Day on May 28, we’re launching a special review of Yelp’s official burger “search season.” From the multitude of reviews and ratings, we’ve handpicked the best from Yelp’s acclaimed Top 100 Burger Spots across the US. This esteemed list covers a broad spectrum, from beloved quick-service joints to unique gourmet creations that have emerged in the trendiest pop-up eateries. But, in this delectable journey, we’ll zero in on the top 10 vegan burgers that have earned their rightful place on this prestigious list. Brace yourselves for an enlightening gastronomic voyage into the vibrant world of vegan burgers!
1. Slutty Vegan, Atlanta, Georgia
Slutty Vegan, a Black-owned, women-led dining spot, caters to all tastes with plant-based burgers, fostering a party-like atmosphere. Customers rave about saucy creations like the Ménage à Trois and Super Slut burgers, along with the Hollywood Hooker hoagie and Big Dawg bratwurst. All meals come with Slutty Fries, seasoned uniquely with “Slut Dust.” This successful venture, founded by Atlanta restaurateur Pinky Cole, has expanded from her apartment in 2018 to 10 locations across Georgia, Alabama, and New York City. The One Night Stand burger and “next-level” banana pudding receive praise, luring in even non-vegan patrons with their striking resemblance to traditional meat dishes.
2.Evolution Fast Food, San Diego, California
San Diego’s sole vegan drive-thru, Evolution, serves speedy, nutritious burgers that surpass traditional beef in flavor, according to owner Mitch Wallis and satisfied Yelpers. Highlighted burgers include the spicy Fuego, savory Mushroom Swiss, and versatile Evo. In addition to a swift drive-thru, Evolution offers a tranquil back patio garden. Founded in 2004 by Mitch and Loren Wallis, Evolution prioritizes sustainability, using biodegradable packaging and sourcing locally. Even their fryer oil is repurposed as fuel. The most popular burger, the Evo, is a fan favorite, alongside the fiery “Hellraiser” special. Many Yelpers commend the restaurant’s consistency, casual atmosphere, and unrivaled veggie burgers.
3. Monty’s Good Burger, Los Angeles, California
Yelpers affectionately call Monty’s Good Burger the “vegan In-N-Out.” This Los Angeles-based, entirely plant-based burger chain, created by three music industry friends, is known for its juicy and flavorful Impossible 2.0 patties. Originally found only at SoCal festivals, Monty’s has grown since its 2018 debut, now boasting four locations and a fervent fan base. Its trendy decor, celebrity collaborations, and pet-friendly name make it an LA hotspot for diverse diners. The most popular item, Monty’s Single Cheeseburger, is served with a slew of vegan accompaniments in a brioche bun. Yelpers also highly recommend their secret menu Max’d Out Fries and non-dairy shakes.
4. Green New American Vegetarian, Tempe, Arizona
Green New Vegetarian, a fast-casual vegan eatery in Tempe, offers comfort food reimagined. They excel in serving vegan burgers, BBQ, and chicken wings that taste so good, it’s hard to believe they’re plant-based. Among favorites is the Big Wac, a double cheeseburger with unique sauce, highly praised by Yelpers. With locations in Tempe and Phoenix, Green delivers beloved foods in vegetarian versions using plant-based ingredients, vegan cheeses, and mock meats. Notable items include the Classic Burger, a fried mock chicken sandwich, and the Chicago Cheesesteak. They also offer tSoynami, a vegan soft-serve dessert, special to their sister restaurant, Nami.
And here’s some others from the rest of our list:
5. HipCityVeg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6. The Wayward Vegan, Seattle, Washington
7. Living Kitchen, Charlotte, North Carolina
8. Plant Power Fast Food, San Diego, California
9. Veggy Street, Las Vegas, Nevada
10. Vegan Café, Lockport, Illinois
Check out these vegan burger recipes you can make at home!
- Easy Black Bean Burger [Vegan]
- The Best Ever Veggie Burgers [Vegan]
- Beer Cheese Black Bean Burger [Vegan]
- Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
- Moroccan Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
- 10 Hot Vegan Burgers for Labor Day
- Burger King Launching Two Vegan Burgers Across Europe
- 15 Bean-Free Vegan Burgers to Keep You Feeling Full!
- MorningStar Farms Launches 2 New Vegan Burgers for Summer Grilling!
- Raw Vegan Burgers That Bleed Are Coming to a Store Near You
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.