These plant-based burgers make an excellent weekly meal! Plus, this recipe makes a lot so it'll do well for parties!
Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
For the Chia Egg:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 tablespoons warm water
For the Burger:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 2/3 cup of bread crumbs (spelt bread works well)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- dusting of oats
- sprinkling of extra virgin olive oil
How To Make Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and grease with oil.
- In a small bowl, add the chia egg ingredients.
- Stir well, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the burger into a large bowl, and use your hands to combine the mixture well.
- Now add the chia egg mixture, and stir well one last time.
- Now here comes the fun part! You get to decide the size of your burgers, so get shaping! (Mine made around 10, and they were huge!)
- Once shaped, dust with extra virgin olive oil and oats!
- Pop in the oven for 35 minutes and finish on oven "broil" setting at 525C for 5 ish minutes!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile