These plant-based burgers make an excellent weekly meal! Plus, this recipe makes a lot so it'll do well for parties!
Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
For the Chia Egg:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 tablespoons warm water
For the Burger:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 2/3 cup of bread crumbs (spelt bread works well)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- dusting of oats
- sprinkling of extra virgin olive oil
How to Prepare Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burger Patty [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and grease with oil.
- In a small bowl, add the chia egg ingredients.
- Stir well, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the burger into a large bowl, and use your hands to combine the mixture well.
- Now add the chia egg mixture, and stir well one last time.
- Now here comes the fun part! You get to decide the size of your burgers, so get shaping! (Mine made around 10, and they were huge!)
- Once shaped, dust with extra virgin olive oil and oats!
- Pop in the oven for 35 minutes and finish on oven "broil" setting at 525C for 5 ish minutes!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.