Sugar can often contain animal products. Bone char is used regularly to whiten sugar, and although there are plenty of vegan sugars out there, too much sugar can definitely have an adverse effect on your health.
For this reason, many of us have opted to try some tasty, all-natural sugar substitutes in our diets. If you’re interested in trying some sugar substitutes yourself, have a look at our recommendations below!
1. Pure Moutain Stevia Drops[caption id="attachment_1481363520" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Pure Moutain Stevia Drops [/caption]
One user says: “I’ve taken to adding this to make my own version of Braggs Apple Cider Cinnamon drink. This is the missing ingredient. Wow is this stuff tasty. Product arrived very fast. I think I am hooked.”
2. Lankanto Monkfruit Sweetener[caption id="attachment_1481363521" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Lankanto Monkfruit Sweetener[/caption]
One user says: “I just finished making a genuine New York Cheesecake using MONKFRUIT sweetener and I’m amazed. The taste is beyond just comparable. It is indistinguishable. I will not hesitate to use this product in any of my favorite baking recipes. I only wish this was around when my mom, who suffered from Diabetes, was still alive so she could continue to enjoy all her favorite baked goods without worrying about her blood sugar.”
3. Enzo Organic Stevia[caption id="attachment_1481363522" align="aligncenter" width="1242"] Source: Enzo Organic Stevia[/caption]
4. MonkSweet[caption id="attachment_1481363524" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: MonkSweet[/caption]
Chris Says: “I have been eating Keto for over a year and have been low carb for several years. I have tried almost every sweetener out there and this, by far, is the BEST sweetener out there. Very little to no aftertaste and I don’t get that “cooling effect” others give me.”
5. ZenSweet Monkfruit Sweetener[caption id="attachment_1481363525" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: ZenSweet Monkfruit Sweetener[/caption]
One user says: “This is probably the best sugar substitute out there by far, and my girlfriend and I have tried them all. We have started regularly using it in our coffee and cooking, and I honestly can’t tell any difference in the taste. It actually may taste even better than sugar. If you are health conscious, its worth giving this a try because it doesn’t require sacrificing any of the flavors you love but it is definitely way better for you.”
6. Madhava Golden Light Blue Agave[caption id="attachment_1481363526" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Madhava Golden Light Blue Agave[/caption]
One user says: “This is so wonderful !!! If you haven’t cooked with Agave, you must try iit!I sent this to my son who is a Sous Chef, and he uses it especially for carrots and other vegetables. It really doesn’t take too much, and the sweetened flavor goes right in to the carrots along with butter, and a dash of salt. They made such a sensation after serving guests at his house, they all went out and bought some the next day. He is on his 3rd bottle. He prefers the ‘light’ to the regular as it really is very sweet when using too much. With a little experiment on recipes that call for sugar, you can test to your own liking. I highly recommend this particular brand since it tested so well.”
7. Allulose Rare Natural Sweetener[caption id="attachment_1481363527" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Allulose Rare Natural Sweetener[/caption]
8. Just Like Sugar[caption id="attachment_1481363528" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Just Like Sugar[/caption]
One user says: “My order of Just Like Sugar came today. I put some in my blender with some refrigerated coffee and some Coffeemate. After blending it up, I cautiously tasted it. Having used so many different types of sugar substitutes over the years, I was expecting to be disappointed.”
9. NatriSweet Original Stevia[caption id="attachment_1481363529" align="aligncenter" width="1338"] Source: NatriSweet Original Stevia[/caption]
One user says: “This stuff lasts forever! I used to use the granulated stevia/ sugar alcohol mix, but it started giving me problems with my stomach. I was afraid this would be more expensive, being pure stevia, but I have been using my first bottle for more than a month now, and it is still not finished! (And I am very generous with the amount I put in my tea!) I like the fact that you can have it come out one drop at a time, and it has a good, clean taste”
10. D’vash Date Nectar
[caption id="attachment_1481363530" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: D’vash Date Nectar[/caption]
Jon says: “D’vash is incredible! It has a delicious taste, perfect consistency and is a natural, healthy way to add some sweetness to just about anything. We use it in a bunch of different ways, including dressings, marinades, smoothies/shakes, on top of pancakes and parfaits and more. Do yourself a favor and give D’vash a try – you won’t regret it!”
11. Kiva Organic Stevia[caption id="attachment_1481363536" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Kiva Organic Stevia[/caption]
Wendy says: “This is by far the best tasting organic stevia I have tried. There is NO after taste and you don’t need much to reach the level of sweetness desired. This will definitely be my “go to” sweetner! Love it.”
12. Sonourished Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
One user says: “Being diabetic, overweight, and addicted to sugar, I had to buckle down. Enter the Keto diet, which introduced me to this! No after taste at all, no bitterness. If you taste it on it’s own, it has a cooling effect, but, if mixed with something else, there’s no cooling effect. It doesn’t completely dissolve like sugar does, but, that’s not a problem for me. My blood sugars are now stable (YAY!!), and unlike other sugar alcohols, this one does NOT affect my stomach. PLUS, it does taste VERY similar to sugar.”
13. Wholesome Blue Agave[caption id="attachment_1481363538" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Wholesome Blue Agave[/caption]
One user says: “OMG this stuff is AMAZING! I purchased some of this Blue Agave sweetener a few months ago. I have used it mostly to sweeten cereal or oatmeal. And wow! It tastes soo good. As good or better than using brown sugar! Plus, it is healthier and a safer sugar to use due to it’s slow absorption properties!”
After you get all your tasty sweeteners, how ever will you use them? In recipes, of course! Like these tasty desserts from the Food Monster App.
Raw Plum and Prune Cheesecake Tart[caption id="attachment_1481307743" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Raw Plum and Prune Cheesecake Tart[/caption]
This Raw Plum and Prune Cheesecake Tart by Mitra Shirmohammadi is so light and decadent! The filling consists of plums blended with soaked cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice for a zesty punch, maple syrup for natural sweetness, and vanilla!
2. Cacao Mousse and Raspberry Parfaits[caption id="attachment_1481338196" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Cacao Mousse and Raspberry Parfaits[/caption]
Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake[caption id="attachment_1481276175" align="aligncenter" width="1206"] Source: Sunshine Cake[/caption]
This Sunshine Cake by Krisztina Berta will brighten up your day no matter the season – it’s that delicious. The rich, chewy date crust is topped with a luxuriously creamy banana coconut cake that’s accented with hints of fresh lemons and a pinch of ginger.
Get more top ten lists of products by downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead Image: Shutterstock