This fruity melt-in-your-mouth dessert is a must-try if you enjoy sweet treats that are nutritious and secretly good for you! The filling consists of plums blended with soaked cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice for a zesty punch, maple syrup for natural sweetness, and vanilla. The crust is made of almonds and prunes, meaning you only need 8 main ingredients to prepare this easy and simple treat in under 30 minutes!
Raw Plum and Prune Cheesecake Tart [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups almonds
- 3/4 cup California prunes
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 or more hours
- 1 large plum, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 large plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- To prepare the crust: add the crust ingredients to the food processor and process until you get a fine sticky crumble
- Line an 8 by 8-inch tart pan or an 8-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper and press the mixture down onto it. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling
- To prepare the filling: rinse and drain the cashews and add them to the food processor or a blender with the rest of filling ingredients, except for coconut oil. Process until smooth, then add coconut oil and process some more to combine
- Assemble: pour the filling over crust and place back in the freezer for about 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Top with plum slices before serving and enjoy.
Per Serving: Calories: 324 | Carbs: 24 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 32 mg | Sugar: 14 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This recipe is not "raw", because the recipe calls for Maple Syrup and Coconut oil! Maple syrup and Coconut oil are NOT "raw" foods! Coconut oil can only be considered \’raw\’, if cold pressed Virgin Coconut Oil is used!
Here is why…
For a food to be considered "raw", some experts state it can not be heated up past 104°F – 120°F. Maple Syrup is boiled at around 219°F when it is being processed!
💥 Note: Virgin Coconut Oil: Whether it is raw or not depends on the production methods, if virgin coconut oil produced by expeller pressing, centrifuged or made from coconut milk by fermentation at high temperatures it cannot be regarded as raw and not suitable for raw diets. Only cold pressed (under 40⁰C / 104⁰F) virgin coconut oil can be classified as raw.