This sunshine cake will brighten up your day no matter the season – it's that delicious. The rich, chewy date crust is topped with a luxuriously creamy banana coconut cake that's accented with hints of fresh lemons and a pinch of ginger.
Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 6 soft dates, soaked
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons açaí powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Topping:
- 1 cup coconut milk, from can refrigerated overnight and the solid cream from the top
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
How to Prepare Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Place the oats in the blender and blend them on high until they resemble a fine powder.
- Add the base ingredients to a food processor and process them until they resemble fine crumbs and stick together when pressed.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined loaf pan and then press the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Place this in the freezer.
To Make the Topping:
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend them until they're smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream over the crust and place the tin back in the freezer for a few hours (about 4-6 hours) to set.
- Remove the cake from the tin, slice straight away (separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together) and store the slices in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Allow them to thaw for about 30 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.