This sunshine cake will brighten up your day no matter the season – it's that delicious. The rich, chewy date crust is topped with a luxuriously creamy banana coconut cake that's accented with hints of fresh lemons and a pinch of ginger.
Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 6 soft dates, soaked
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons açaí powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Topping:
- 1 cup coconut milk, from can refrigerated overnight and the solid cream from the top
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
How To Make Sunshine Lemon Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Place the oats in the blender and blend them on high until they resemble a fine powder.
- Add the base ingredients to a food processor and process them until they resemble fine crumbs and stick together when pressed.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined loaf pan and then press the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Place this in the freezer.
To Make the Topping:
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend them until they're smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream over the crust and place the tin back in the freezer for a few hours (about 4-6 hours) to set.
- Remove the cake from the tin, slice straight away (separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together) and store the slices in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Allow them to thaw for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Coconut Milk
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
What is the a a powder mentioned?