Light in texture and heavy on flavor…rich and chocolatey! Small portions of this dessert are enough to tackle any sweet tooth. I layered with juicy raspberries, but use any of your favorite berries!
Cacao Mousse and Raspberry Parfaits [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can whole fat coconut milk, coconut cream separated and chilled in the freezer
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries (plus 1 pint fresh raspberries for layering)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Gently open a can of whole fat coconut milk and scoop out coconut cream layer.
- Place cream in a small bowl and place in the freezer for ~30 minutes to harden.
- Using a hand-held electric mixer, blend coconut cream, ¼ cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries, cacao and maple syrup. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Layer cacao mousse and fresh raspberries in parfait glasses and enjoy!