Starbucks charges its US customers roughly 70¢ extra for oat, soy, almond, and coconut milk, reports the Guardian. “Succession” star James Cromwell superglued his hand to a Starbucks counter to protest their non-dairy milk upcharge. PETA has been urging the chain to change its policy for years, which discourages the purchase of vegan products that aren’t made by the cruel dairy industry.
“A coffee company should not be in the business of taxing individuals who had chosen the plant-based lifestyle,” activist Rajan Zed told ABC news.
Source: Guardian News/Youtube
Those who are vegan, lactose intolerant, or simply don’t consume dairy should not have to pay more. Starbucks has even dropped the upcharge in other countries, so they can do it in the United States. Sign this petition to tell Starbucks to stop upcharging on its milk alternatives!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Ban Debarking Procedures Now
- Shut down ABQ BioPark for letting baby elephants die
- Demand that Los Angeles end pony rides
- Demand that the EPA cut air pollution
- Investigate Southern Baptist Leaders for sexual abuse
- Stop imprisoning women who have miscarriages
- Impeach Justice Clarence Thomas for Lying Under Oath
- Tell congress to pass affordable housing legislation
- Expel the Congressmen who tried to get Trump pardons for their role on Jan 6th
- Demand Trump testify for January 6th committee
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!