After biting into a sandwich made by Jenny Goldfarb, the founder of Unreal Deli, Cuban remarked, “This is really good.” Goldfarb is the founder of Unreal Deli, a company that makes plant-based cold cuts. Her “beef” is made of beets, chickpeas, tomatoes, and spices.
Goldfarb said of her move into the plant-based meats category, “I became vegan five years ago. I ate meat my whole life, and then I started seeing videos of animal cruelty, documentaries, and it was so heartbreaking. I couldn’t stand to continue to eat the way I was eating.”
The founder said that the market was ripe for deli meats that were plant-based. “I realized, there are a lot of delicious burgers on the market in the plant-based world, but no authentic, classic deli meats,” Goldfarb said.
Plant-based diets are known to help chronic inflammation, heart health, allergies, gut health and more! For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Learn more about plant-based meats in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- Impossible Foods is Working on Making Plant-Based ‘Pork’
- The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Meats and Meat Substitutes
- Are Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Healthy? Should We Be Eating Them?
- 10 Vegetables That Can Substitute for Meat
- Tempeh: a High-Protein, Fermented Meat Substitute
- Meat Substitute Market Grows Exponentially!
- Bacon, Burgers, Beef Crumbles, and More: 12 Soy-Free and Vegan Meat Alternatives Available Online
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!