Kim Kardashian is no stranger to the world of plant-based eating. In 2022, she was even awarded the title of “Chief Taste Consultant” for the plant-based meat alternative company, Beyond Meat. Additionally, she has even credited following a mostly plant-based diet with helping to clear her psoriasis. Although it is not clear if Kim follows a fully vegan diet, she does appear to eat mostly plant-based and appreciates vegan food. Case in point, this recipe for a “Vegan Summer Pizza with Cauliflower Crust” recently featured on Poosh.
Ingredients You Need For the Basil Pesto:
2 cups fresh basil
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon salt
Zest from one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds (feel free to sub any other toasted nut you would like)
Ingredients You Need For the Pizza:
1 Cauliflower Crust (vegan)
1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto (see ingredients above)
Vegan Mozzarella cheese (Kim likes Violife)
Kernels from one ear of corn
½ zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 marinated baby artichokes, chopped
1/2 cup blanched broccoli florets, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of arugula
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Make Kim Kardashian’s Summer Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (that’s 205 degrees Celsius)
- Make the basil pesto by blending all ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix all the veggies (except arugula). Lightly coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower crust on a tray, and spread the basil pesto evenly over it.
- Top with vegan cheese and seasoned veggies.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and slice it into pieces.
- Toss the arugula with lemon juice and olive oil. Use the arugula to garnish the pizza.
- How to Grow a Pizza Garden
- Summer’s Here! Enjoy These 15 Fresh Plant-Based Pizzas
- Celebrity Foodie Nigella Lawson Addresses “Vegan Recipe” Fail After Fans Call Her Out
- Former NFL Star Eddie Jackson Debuts Meatless Game-Day Recipes to Celebrate Veganuary
- Celebrity Chef José Andrés Backs Cell-Based Meat Startup
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.