A crisp graham cracker. A gooey, toasted marshmallow. And a bite of rich, melty chocolate. S’mores couldn’t be simpler…or more addicting. Try eating just one of these decadent campfire treats!
There are a few extra considerations for vegetarians, vegans, and those of us with allergies and intolerances, but nobody needs to sit out! Gluten free and vegan products are now widely available – especially online. You’re just a few clicks (or a trip to your local natural foods store) away from delicious vegan s’mores!
Graham Crackers: Many mainstream brands of graham crackers contain honey, and a few even contain milk, but there are several great vegan options available! An added bonus: many vegan varieties have a shorter, more wholesome ingredient list. The following crackers are vegan-friendly:
- Health Valley Amaranth Graham Crackers
- Sweet and Sara Graham Crackers
- Jo-Sefs makes several flavors of gluten-free, vegan cookies that work well for s’mores!
- In a bind? Nabisco Original Graham Crackers are “accidentally vegan”
Vegan Marshmallows: You’ve got a couple of choices for vegan marshmallows, and they’re both awesome!
- Sweet & Sara makes several vegan marshmallow flavors, including Vanilla, Strawberry, Toasted Coconut and Cinnamon Pecan. Get them here!
- Dandies Vegan Marshmallows are also an excellent option for s’mores!
Chocolate: There are tons of excellent vegan dark chocolate bars available. From Chocolove to Theo, you really can’t go wrong with any of the brands we’ve tried! Check out our vegan chocolate guide for all the details. Also be sure to read How Ethical is Your Chocolate? to learn more about the human and environmental impacts of chocolate.
Eat More S’mores!
Can’t get enough s’mores? Here are a few ways to get some more of that ooey, gooey, vegan marshmallowy goodness!
Got an amazing s’mores recipe? Share it with us!
Image Credit: lovelihood/Flickr
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.