Betsy DiJulio is a vegan blogger, freelance writer, food stylist, and lifetime cooking enthusiast. She has worked as a caterer, taught private cooking classes, and won national recipe competitions.
Betsy is also the author of The Blooming Platter Cookbook: A Harvest of Seasonal Vegan Recipes (Vegan Heritage Press, 2011) and writes the “Green Scene” column for Hampton Roads Magazine, among other regional and national freelance gigs.
From fresh, seasonal entrees to unique dips and spreads to mouthwatering desserts, Betsy’s One Green Planet recipe contributions consistently impress! Check out all the delicious recipes she has published on the site:
- Vegan Charred Corn on the Cob with Thai Chili-Lime Mayo
- Kale Salad with Grilled Eggplant, White Beans and Fresh Figs
- Bangkok Black Rice Salad With Fresh Peach
- Snickers-Inspired Chocolate, Caramel, and Peanut Butter Pie
- Southern Savory Tarts with Butter Bean Puree, Fresh Figs, and Sweet Tea Drizzle
- Fresh Green Tomato, Charred Corn and Basil Salsa
- Pimento Cheese Spread
- Knock-off-amole (Guacamole Made with Fresh Green Peas)
- Cornmeal and Nooch Croustades
- Indian Saag Dip
- Ginger-Streusel Pear Pie
- Black-eyed Pea and Spinach Cakes (with Sun-Dried Tomato Tartar Sauce)
- Sweet Potato Latkes with Chutney Sour Cream and Curried Onion-Apple-White Bean Topping
- Miso Roasted Pumpkin and Grilled Tofu Over Udon Noodles
- Crostini Topped with Creamy Macadamia “Cheese” Spread, Fresh Curried Fig and Golden Grape Tomato Chutney
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.