You will swoon for this preparation for fresh summer corn on the cob. It is reminiscent of what I think of as Mexican street food: grilled corn on the cob smeared with mayo and sprinkled with queso fresco. But veganized and with a Thai twist.
Charred Corn on the Cob With Thai Chili-Lime Mayo [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Charred Corn on the Cob With Thai Chili-Lime Mayo [Vegan]
- 4 cobs of corn
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp chili-lime mayo
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- roasted peanuts
How to Prepare Charred Corn on the Cob With Thai Chili-Lime Mayo [Vegan]
- 4 cobs of corn, rubbed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt, and broiled for about 8 minutes on the first side and about 5 minutes on the second or until pleasantly charred (I close the oven door so that the process doesn't take even longer); cooled
- Approximately 2 tablespoons Chili-Lime Mayo (or more to taste)
- Approximately 1 to 2 tablespoons each coconut, plain or toasted, finely chopped cilantro, and finely chopped roasted and lightly salted peanuts
- Optional garnish: additional mayo, cilantro sprigs, and whole peanuts
- Smear the mayo on the corn--or zigzag it from a squirt bottle--and sprinkle with coconut, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve barely warm or at room temperature (so that mayo doesn't melt).
- Garnish with more mayo, cilantro sprigs, and whole peanuts if desired
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.