This is for all you chocolate lovers out there! These moist, rich dark chocolate cakes taste like a dream, and will impress all of your guests! With flavor combinations like chocolate-espresso, dark chocolate rum, coffee glazed chocolate, and chocolate zucchini, there’s a cake for everyone!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Secret Dark Chocolate Cake
Source: Secret Dark Chocolate Cake
The biggest secret to this Secret Dark Chocolate Cake by Vanessa Croessmann is the use of olive oil. It allows this cake to become super moist with a rich dark chocolate taste. Serve this with your favorite vegan ice cream or coconut whipped cream!
2. Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Cake With Saffron Frosting
Source: Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Cake With Saffron Frosting
This gluten-free Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Cake With Saffron Frosting by Sirke Reivo is ready for all you chocolate lovers out there! This decadent dark chocolate cake is speckled with juicy blackberries and contains no refined sugar, but it tastes like a dream. It’s topped with a white chocolate saffron frosting that is sweet and creamy and topped with more berries and chunks of dark chocolate for the ultimate presentation.
3. Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Source: Chocolate Zucchini Cake
This Chocolate Zucchini Cake by Kirsten Kaminski is not only vegan but so moist and rich on the inside, it might just become your new go-to chocolate cake! The added zucchini gives it more moisture than usual and the addition of vegan yogurt makes it extra soft! This Chocolate Zucchini Cake is definitely a keeper!
4. Chocolate-Espresso Skillet Cake
Source: Chocolate-Espresso Skillet Cake
This Chocolate-Espresso Skillet Cake by Nicole Malik is fun to make, and is wonderful to make with kids since they can add whatever toppings they like! The cake batter mixes up quickly in a single bowl, then you simply bake and serve the cake straight from the skillet. Yum!
5. Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
Source: Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
Mint is a hit or miss in desserts for some, but don’t knock it ’til you try it in this Mint Chocolate Chip Cake by Gretchen Price! You can make the mint flavor as subtle or strong as you’d like. Also, look at that color contrast. Insert heart-eyed emoji here.
6. Triple Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Source: Triple Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
This Triple Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake by Travis Piper is the most decadent, righteous chocolate creation, made all that much better with a healthy dose of peppermint–lots of minty extract and a whole load of candy canes. The triple chocolate comes from cocoa powder, dark chips, and ganache.
7. Mini Espresso Bundt Cakes with Dark Chocolate Rum Glaze
Source: Mini Espresso Bundt Cakes with Dark Chocolate Rum Glaze
One tasty dessert with hints of coffee and chocolate rum. Each piece of this Mini Espresso Bundt Cakes with Dark Chocolate Rum Glaze by Teri Macovei is rich with coffee aroma and covered in velvety smooth chocolate glaze. It’s a coffee lover’s dream dessert. Coffee lovers, this dessert is for you. It’s deliciously made to impress your taste buds and give you an enjoyable after-dinner dessert experience.
8. Almond Joy Cake
Source: Almond Joy Cake
Two bite candies made from sticky coconut filling covered with chocolate and an almond on top of each one. This rendition of the Almond Joy Cake by Gretchen Price includes recipes for chocolate and vanilla cake layers with that sticky, gooey coconut filling in between each layer. A thin coating of chocolate buttercream and ganache poured over every inch of it!
9. Raw Chocolate Cake
Source: Raw Chocolate Cake
Rich, moist, crumbly Raw Chocolate Cake, covered in creamy avocado chocolate frosting and decorated with homemade coconut rainbow sprinkles by Nikki Stokes.
10. Chocolate Pudding Cake
Source: Chocolate Pudding Cake
This rich, decadent vegan Chocolate Pudding Cake by Pavani Nandula is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It only takes 10 minutes to put together! Throw it in the oven and you’re good to go! After baking, cake layer sets up on the top and the bottom pudding layer becomes thick and gooey. Serve it warm with whipped cream or ice cream for a delicious chocolate treat. This vegan Chocolate Pudding Cake will impress all of your guests!
11. Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Source: Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Chocolate and beetroot is a dream combination. Think rich, indulgent, satisfying while being healthy all at the same time. This Chocolate Beetroot Cake by Vicky Coates is gluten free, refined sugar free and high in protein.
12. Devil’s Food Cake
Source: Devil’s Food Cake
Devil’s Food Cake is, by nature and by name, tricky. Don’t mess with it. Play by the rules, be a good obedient little baker, and this recipe by Clémence Moulaert will not disappoint.
13. Whole Wheat Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Source: Whole Wheat Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate together? This Whole Wheat Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake by Lena Pfetzer takes the tasty combo to the next level by layering peanut butter-infused cakes with chocolatey frosting so deliciously indulgent you won’t want to let a drop of it go to waste. Bake this dessert for the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life!
14. Coffee Glazed Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
Source: Coffee Glazed Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
This Coffee Glazed Chocolate Hazelnut Cake by Maya Sozer is deliciously moist and decadent, all while being 100 percent whole wheat and refined sugar-free. The sponge itself is made with whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts and flavored with almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Topped with a gooey coffee cream spiked with espresso, this treat is perfect for pairing with a hot cup of coffee on a chilly morning.
15. Chocolate Marble Cake
Source: Chocolate Marble Cake
Sometimes only cake will do. Chocolate marble cake is always a win and the perfect easy bake for this time of year. No fuss and maximum results – beautiful chocolate vanilla swirls that will be sure to impress your guests! Only ten minutes to put together, you’ll be amazed at how easy this Chocolate Marble Cake by Harriet Porterfield is to prepare. Perfect as it is, or delicious toasted and slathered with homemade nutella or nut butter.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!