Chocolate and beetroot is a dream combination. Think rich, indulgent, satisfying while being healthy all at the same time. This cake is gluten free, refined sugar free and high in protein.
Chocolate Beetroot Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Beetroot Cake [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 ounces cooked beets — pureed
- 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup zero calorie fruit syrup or maple syrup
- 2 vegan eggs/egg replacers
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- teaspoon Berry Powder (optional)
- teaspoon Sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Spread
How to Prepare Chocolate Beetroot Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a cake pan with coconut oil. (silicone also works well).
- Blend together all the wet ingredients
- In another medium bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer the batter to the greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan before topping with chocolate spread and sprinkling with raspberries
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.