This rich, decadent vegan Chocolate Pudding Cake is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It only takes 10 minutes to put together! Throw it in the oven and you're good to go! After baking, cake layer sets up on the top and the bottom pudding layer becomes thick and gooey. Serve it warm with whipped cream or ice cream for a delicious chocolate treat. This vegan Chocolate Pudding Cake will impress all of your guests!
Chocolate Pudding Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake Layer:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dutch Process Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Espresso powder, optional
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or other non-dairy Milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Oil
For the Pudding Layer:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Espresso powder, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Water or Hot Brewed Coffee*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" round cake pan that is at least 2" deep.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and espresso (is using). Stir in almond milk, vanilla extract and oil; mix till smooth. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine all of the pudding layer ingredients. Gently pour this mixture onto the cake layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake looks set on the top and is bubble in the bottom.
- Let the cake cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Scoop servings into individual bowls, top with whipped cream or ice cream and ENJOY!! Leftovers can be stored at room temperature. The pudding layer will thicken as it sits, so briefly microwave before serving.
Hot brewed coffee is highly recommended in this recipe. I went all out and used espresso powder and coffee and LOVED the final cake. It was not very sweet and have a deep chocolate flavor. But if you are not a fan of coffee, then use hot water and the dessert will still be delicious.