“According to the American College of Gastroenterology, over 60 million Americans experience acid reflux at least once a month. Some studies suggest over 15 million have it daily.” Heartburn occurs when stomach acid backs up into the food pipe, which can cause major discomfort.
@Dr_oz shares a heartburn relief hack that is hiding in your kitchen! All you need is some baking soda and a glass of water. Take a half teaspoon of baking soda and add it to a glass of water, making sure to mix it until it completely dissolves. Then, sip the drink slowly. The key is to sip it slowly instead of gulping down the whole thing all in one sip. By doing this, you will notice temporary heartburn relief.
Dr. Oz mentions that you should only try out this hack temporarily since ingesting too much baking soda may cause acid reflux and make your heartburn even worse than before. While many people only use baking soda as a rising agent for baking, Dr. Oz explains that baking soda contains the ingredient sodium bicarbonate, which also happens to be the main ingredient in most over-the-counter anti-acids. Sodium bicarbonate can neutralize any acid in your stomach, proving quick but temporary heartburn relief.
As always, check with your doctor before trying any TikTok hacks. If your heartburn persists, make sure to go see your doctor to figure out a more permanent solution that works for you!
- Plant-Based Recipes to Prevent GERD and Heartburn
- Fighting Acid Reflux Symptoms With Plant-Based Foods
- Try Dr. Oz’s Alkaline Smoothie for Heartburn [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.