New published research has found that plant-based diets should be used in the prevention and management of chronic kidney disease. Plant based diets have been recommended for multiple health ailments including diabetes, hypertension and obesity.
Pending additional research, plant-based diets should be used in the management of chronic kidney disease. A study found that red and processed meats are associated with increased risk of CKD and quicker progression for those people that already suffer from CKD. Other analysis found that replacing one serving of red meat was linked with reduced CKD.The use of plant-based diets in CKD may have other benefits in the areas of hypertension, weight, hyperphosphatemia, reductions in hyperfiltration, and, possibly, mortality.
According to the study, ” Healthcare providers in general medicine and nephrology can consider plant-based diets as an important tool for prevention and management of CKD.”
To learn more about plant-based diets, dangers of processed meat and management of health issues, read these articles in One Green Planet:
- How a Plant-Based Diet Helps Improve Kidney Function
- Cleaning Up Your Kidneys: Helpful Foods and Drinks to Consider
- How to Deal With Digestive Difficulties on a Plant-Based Diet
- Integrating Plant-Based Detox Foods into Your Daily Diet
- How to Detox Your Liver the Natural Way: A 5 Step Guide
- 10 Foods to Cleanse and Care For Your Liver
- How to Use Beets to Benefit the Liver
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is also known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!