Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
You certainly won’t have any trouble getting these insanely cute bats, who were posted on the Batzilla the Bat Facebook page, to eat their vegetables, especially when it comes to corn. These bats are going “bat-crazy” for corn on the cob, and it’s adorable! Look at how they scramble to get over to that sweet, juicy cob.
According to flying fox carer Denise Wade, although corn is not something bats would have access to in the wild, it is similar in texture to their native fruits, and of course, the sweetness is a huge perk. They always head for the corn first before any other foods that are offered!
Denise Wade is the volunteer flying fox coordinator at the Bat Conservation and Rescue QLD in Brisbane, Australia, and has cared for up to 60 bats at one time, including orphans and injured bats. Denise is also dedicated to creating awareness around the misunderstood animals through her “wildly” popular Facebook page Batzilla the Bat. Her mission is to change the public perception of flying foxes and help protect them from being killed. With over 250,000 likes and growing, she is doing a great service for these beautiful creatures.
- 10 Times Bats Were Scary Cute!
- 2 Little Bats Caught in Plastic Fruit Netting Get a Second Chance Thanks to Kind Rescuer! (VIDEO)
- These Bats’ Cute Faces Are Not the Only Reason They’re Worth Saving
- Rescued Baby Bats Wrapped in Blankets Will Make Your Day
- Think Bats Are Scary? This Video of a Rescued Flying Fox Wiggling Her Ears is Sure to Change Your Mind
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!