Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: WREG News Channel 3/YouTube
Last month, a 24-year-old giant panda named Le Le died from heart disease at the Memphis Zoo. His female companion, Ya Ya, is still alive and will be transferred back to the Beijing Zoo, where they were originally “loaned” from. Animal rights activists have been sounding the alarm about the treatment of these pandas for years and it’s time something was done to protect these gentle giants. Please sign this petition to urge Chinese authorities to remove the Memphis Zoo from its giant panda-lending program!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Tell Iowa Lawmakers to Oppose Bill that Would Weaken Child Labor Laws
- Petition: Help Protect Canids from Becoming Extinct
- Petition: Help Protect Endangered Right Whales from Vessel Collisions
- Petition: Get Justice for Neglected Cats in Mississippi
- Petition: Tell Minneapolis to Stop Planned Demolition of the “Roof Depot”
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Come Up with Humane Methods to Address Feral Cattle in New Mexico
- Petition: Demand Authorities Ban Trophy Hunting Imports that Fall Under the Endangered Species Act
- Petition: Tell Congress to Pass the DEEP FAKES Accountability Act
- Petition: Hold People Accountable for Dyeing Pigeon Pink for Gender Reveal Party
- Petition: Tell Massachusetts to Not Pressure Prisoners to Exchange Organs for Shorter Sentences
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!