Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: FOX 5 New York/YouTube
In recent years, several gender reveal parties have come under scrutiny for their destruction of the environment and harming of animals. People have dyed rivers blue, shot pink balloons into the air, and even started wildfires. In the latest alleged gender reveal disaster, people decided to dye a pigeon pink and then dispose of them. The pigeon was found malnourished, sick, and likely traumatized from the incident. They have since passed away, most likely from inhaling the toxic fumes on their feathers. Please sign this petition to pressure Mayor Eric Adams to find the people who committed this abuse and hold them accountable!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Tell the USDA to Investigate Oregon Zoo’s Treatment of Elephants
- Petition: Demand the Removal of Student Resource Officers from Schools
- Petition: Urge the United Nations to Address Antimicrobial Resistance
- Petition: Urge the USDA to Ban Gas Chambers in Slaughterhouses
- Petition: Pressure the EPA to Penalize Greedy Polluters in Louisiana
- Petition: Tell Spain’s Government to Protect Hunting Dogs
- Petition: Help Make Sure This Sadistic Animal-Abuser is Never Allowed Near Animals Again
- Petition: Call on Tennessee to Accept Federal Funds for HIV Treatment
- Petition: Urge EPA to Ban Non-Essential Use of PFAS
- Petition: Tell Kylie Jenner to Atone for Glamorizing Animal Abuse
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!