Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Climate catastrophe is coming for companies just as much as it’s coming for citizens. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) just announced in late March 2022 that it is considering a new rule to make companies take our environmental future seriously. The SEC is requesting input from people like us, asking what we think about their proposed rule change.
“Misleading advertisements by companies have real impacts on consumers and policymakers. We’re fooled into believing that these companies are taking sufficient action, when the reality is far from it. Without more regulation, this will continue,” says Gilles Dufrasne, from Carbon Market Watch.
Source: Second Thought/Youtube
We must speak out with a loud voice to say: Yes, corporations must finally address climate change! Sign this petition to demand that SEC regulators approve this new rule change! This would be a crucial tool to remind corporations that they must care about the Earth.
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Ban Debarking Procedures Now
- Shut down ABQ BioPark for letting baby elephants die
- Demand that Los Angeles end pony rides
- Demand that the EPA cut air pollution
- Investigate Southern Baptist Leaders for sexual abuse
- Stop imprisoning women who have miscarriages
- Impeach Justice Clarence Thomas for Lying Under Oath
- Tell congress to pass affordable housing legislation
- Expel the Congressmen who tried to get Trump pardons for their role on Jan 6th
- Demand Trump testify for January 6th committee
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!