Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
If you’re in search of inspiration, a little spark of hope, or just a reason to smile today, then check out this rescue of a handsome monkey named George. George spent seven years living in a tiny crate before Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand (WFFT) stepped in to change his life. What makes this particular rescue even more special is the fact that the founder, Edwin Wiek, carried out the rescue mission himself.
After being contacted by the macaque’s owner, who desperately was seeking help for his friend George, Wiek headed off to the slums of Minburi. While the rescue went pretty quickly, we could watch George admire his new home for hours. He seems impressed with the freshwater, delicious fruit, and all the room to jump and play!
Wiek founded WFFT in 2001 and has been making a difference in the lives of animals ever since. The organization rescues and rehabilitates elephants and other wildlife that have been victimized by humans. Additionally, they work to raise awareness and educate others on the problems Asia’s wildlife faces and how they can Support Conservation efforts.
To learn more about WWFT, click here.
- Four Monkeys Rescued from the Pet Trade Return Home to the Amazon Rainforest [Video]
- PETA Investigation Accuses HelloFresh of Using Coconut Milk Obtained From Monkey Labor
- Harvard Monkey Study Reignites Debate on Animal Testing
- PETA is Not Happy About Steven Spielberg’s Use of a Monkey in New Movie The Fablemans
- Petition: Demand Justice for Monkeys at UC Berkeley Who Were Dehydrated Until They Had Sunken Eyes
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!