Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Starting an animal sanctuary is a dream job for so many animal lovers. It’s definitely a lot of hard work, but the ability to save and care for countless animals makes everything seem worth it. Todd Friedman decided to follow his dream of opening his own sanctuary in 2018. While looking at properties, he heard a noise, which turned out to be the squealing of an almost four-month-old pig. Todd immediately knew a few things: this was the farm that he’d buy, the pig’s name was Arthur, and he and Arthur would be friends forever.
The owners of the farm allowed Todd to take Arthur, and he headed off with the pig in the back of his car. Soon, Todd hear back and he got the property! He rescued two other pigs, Fay and Vivian so that Arthur wouldn’t be lonely and started his animal sanctuary, aptly named Arthur’s Acres Animal Sanctuary.
Arthur, once a pig destined for slaughter, was now the resident of a beautiful sanctuary named after him. He loves to play, snuggle, and sit on Todd’s lap! The bond between Arthur and Todd is beautiful, and we’re so grateful to get to witness it. Watching this video will definitely make your day and bring a smile to your face.
- Man Quits 9 to 5 to Open an Animal Sanctuary and Save Animals [Video]
- 10 Farmers Who Had a Change of Heart and Recognized Farm Animals as Friends, Not Food
- New Initiative by Mercy For Animals Helps Factory Farmers Find More Eco-Friendly and Humane Careers
- 92-Year-Old Dairy Plant That Switched to All-Plant-Based Launches Line of Minimally Processed Milks
- ‘What Would Happen to All the Animals If Everyone Went Vegan?’
- New Documentary Tells the Story of How a Dairy Farmer and an Animal Activist Joined Forces to Save Animals in Germany
- Incredible New Site Catalogues the Stories of Former Livestock Farmers Who Went Vegan!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!