Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In February, a 7-month-old Great Dane mix named Lucky was discovered near a Phoenix dumpster, weighing only 20 pounds. In a remarkable recovery, Lucky has almost tripled his weight in just two months under supervised care and is now ready to find his forever home.
Lucky was found by a good Samaritan who brought him to a local veterinary clinic. The Arizona Humane Society‘s technicians then transported him to their trauma hospital, where veterinarians found that the young pup was dehydrated, extremely emaciated, and suffering from abrasions and sores. According to his medical evaluation, Lucky’s body condition score was 1 out of 9 (with 1 being the worst possible score), making it difficult for him to Support his own body.
Following two months of treatment for dehydration and injuries, as well as a carefully planned feeding regimen, Lucky has made an astounding recovery. He has almost tripled his weight and regained his strength, allowing him to move with ease.
After stabilizing his health, Lucky was placed in a foster home to continue gaining weight and building his strength. The Arizona Humane Society now considers Lucky a healthy, adoption-ready pup, eager to find his permanent family.
If you’re interested in adopting Lucky or another pet in need, the shelter encourages you to visit their website for more information and a list of other animals seeking loving homes. Lucky’s story is a heartwarming reminder of the resilience of animals and the importance of providing them with the care and love they deserve.
- The Inspiring Recovery of Coco, a Labrador Mix Battling Alcohol Addiction
- Rabbit Dying From Heat Stroke Makes A Miraculous Recovery
- Golden Eagle Released Back into the Wild After Long 9-Month Recovery
- Petition: Tell the Fish and Wildlife Service to Decide Wolf Recovery Based on Science
- Dog Found Tied to Tree Looking Like a ‘Skeleton’ is on the Road to Recovery
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!