Ellen DeGeneres recently co-founded a faux fur brand called UnHide. Animal lover DeGeneres has spoken out about animal rights in the past. The brand is a partnership with the Humane Society of the United States and is part of an anti-fur campaign.
According to Fast Company, the brand is launching blankets to start. Her co-founder is Leo Livzhetz. The brand is focused on soft, fur-like products. The blanket retails for $165 and a smaller version is also available for $65. Instead of fur, the product is made from polyester and is machine-washable. The blankets come in multiple colors. You can purchase the product online at the company’s website.
DeGeneres told PEOPLE about the company and going fur-free, “I want people to stop using and wearing fur, it’s that simple. The material we use in UnHide products are soft, warm and comfortable and I hope people find it as a great alternative.”
To stand up against the cruel and unsustainable fur industry, sign this petition calling for an end to fur farming in the United States!
Read more news about fur, fur-free fashion and Ellen DeGeneres in One Green Planet:
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Invest in Dairy-Free Brand, Miyoko’s Creamery
- Ellen DeGeneres Getting a Gorilla Protection Center and Brand New Organization to Protect Endangered Animals for Her Birthday!
- The Queen of England is Going Fur Free!
- Stella McCartney Debuts New Sustainable Faux Fur Collection for Spring 2020
- Breaking! California is Now the First State in the Nation to Ban Fur
- Breaking! Undercover Investigations Reveal Heartbreaking Cruelty on Fur Farms in Finland
- Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s Will No Longer Sell Fur By The End of 2020!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!