Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Facebook has teamed up with Climate Club, a new tool that helps employees in companies track their contributions to Climate change. Co-Founder and CEO of Climate Club, Adam Braun, wanted to create the company to help large companies focus on reaching their climate goals. The company is starting to work with Facebook’s parent company Meta along with the management consulting company Bain.
Braun and his co-founder Charm first came up with the idea for the company after watching large companies make bold decarbonization commitments that many employees were ignoring or not involved with. They decided to make Climate Club to help these companies get everyone involved in fighting climate change.
“The simplest distillation of it is that we embed sustainability into the employee experience. And we do so both with alignment towards net zero, as well as true business goals,” Braun told CNBC.
Climate Club helps employees learn what they can and should be doing within their company to help reduce carbon emissions. They provide specific recommendations for how to make the changes. Climate Club even provides employees with data that tracks their contributions to greenhouse gas emissions. It shows employees areas that they can improve in, activities they should focus on, and the best practices to follow. The main focus will be on areas that employees can influence.
Climate Club will also track emissions related to business travel and help make recommendations for employees’ commutes, as well as show them the amount of energy used in remote and hybrid work.
This is an amazing tool and, hopefully, something that will be used by large companies all over. Human-caused Climate change is warming our oceans and harming the delicate underwater ecosystems. The single best thing that you can do to help fight Climate change is to go vegan. With the latest IPCC report that says it’s ‘now or never‘ to take action against Climate change, we need to act fast!
Cities all over the world, from California to Vietnam, are facing a climate crisis, and millions of people are protesting all over the world. Studies have shown that eating more plant-based can add over a decade to your lifespan, it can save the world’s forests, it benefits the environment, and it is significantly better for your health! Nations worldwide have urged people to eat more plant-based to curb climate change.
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- 7 Climate Change-Themed (Recycled) T-Shirts Spreading Awareness Through Art
- New Jersey Makes History Introducing Climate Change Curriculum into Public Schools
- New Study Links Climate Change to Flooding in Pakistan
- Patagonia Founder Donates Entire Company and His Fortune to Fight Climate Change
- Europe Plans to Create Floating Gas Terminals Despite Climate Change Fears
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!