Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Illegal animal trade should be banned! 200 volunteers rescued 848 kitties on a truck that was driving to slaughterhouse! #cat #rescuecat #catrescue #helpcats #animalabuse #specialneedscat #catlover #fyp
Nearly 850 cats were stuffed in tiny cages on a truck that was headed for a slaughterhouse. Thankfully, a team of 200 volunteers intercepted the truck and were able to get the kitties off and rescue them.
The kitties were exhausted, hungry, and dehydrated and were packed on top of each other in the small cages. Luckily, 90 percent of them survived the horrifying ride and were adopted by non-profit organizations and kind people.
According to Stop Dog and Cat Meat Trade Worldwide, cat meat is eaten in Cameroon, the Guangdong and Guangxi provinces in China, and some parts of Latin America. Like the dog meat trade, the cats used for the cat meat industry are often stolen family pets, the slaughter and preparation are often unregulated, and consumption of the meat is linked to infection and other diseases.
Fortunately, in the last few years, the practice has been getting shut down. Indonesia, Hanoi, and online retailer, Pin Duo Duo have all pledged to end the dog and cat meat trade. However, there is still much progress to be made around the world. In Tianjin, China, the dog and cat meat trade operates illegally. Dogs and cats are not recognized as livestock, but many pets are stolen to be slaughtered and sold.
Sign this petition to call for an end to the dog and cat meat trades!
- 375 Cats Were Rescued From An Illegal Slaughterhouse in China
- Cat Meat Trade Going Full Force in Vietnam
- Petition: Switzerland Must Ban People From Eating Dog and Cat Meat!
- Zhuhai is Now the Second City in China to Ban Dog and Cat Meat
- Hundreds of Cats Rescued From Cat Meat Trade in China
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!