Ginger has long been associated with long health. It’s secret? Ginger is packed with Curcumin, an ingredient with antioxidants and can regulate blood pressure, and assists in mental health. Curcumin is the substance that gives turmeric and ginger their beautiful color.
There’s only one problem, it’s difficult to actually get in your food. This is because of how little curcumin your body absorbs while it’s broken down through the digestive system. For this reason, supplements are a common way to get enough of the curcumin to reap its rewards.
In that spirit, here are 10 ginger supplements for your browsing pleasure.
1. Healths Turmeric Ginger[caption id="attachment_1481367023" align="aligncenter" width="1354"] Source: Healths Turmeric Ginger[/caption]
James Says: “This Tumeric product is outstanding with the ginger added. I noticed my sleep and inflammation has gotten lessoned.”
2. Rejuvenation Therapeutics Ginger[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="1080"] Source: Rejuvenation Therapeutics Ginger[/caption]
3. Solaray Ginger Root[caption id="attachment_1481367025" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Solaray Ginger Root[/caption]
Laura says: “It upsets my stomach, I usually take 1 but decided to use as suggested–got upset stomach, diarrhea in dark green color, I guess–I cannot use the full dose 3 times, I will continue 1 capsule once a day. I have GERD.”
4. Nature’s Way Ginger Root[caption id="attachment_1481367028" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Nature’s Way Ginger Root[/caption]
One user says: “I decided to try ginger root to see if that would work. I started by taking it every day with my Prilosec, then slowly stopped taking my Prilosec. The first day of not taking Prilosec I had heartburn in the evening. The Ginger Root seems to work for part of the day, but just isn’t enough. I kept trying a few more times, but it just isn’t enough. Bottom line. I must say I am impressed it even worked at all. I would defineantly recommend this to anyone with minor acid reflux issues….but not for more advance cases.”
5. Organic India Ginger[caption id="attachment_1481367029" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Organic India Ginger[/caption]
Michael says: “This product works great on general nausea. I do not like the taste of ginger, so being able to take it in pill form is great.”
6. Pure Synergy Ginger
One user says: ” I also don’t experience any ginger burps, so that’s good. I have IBS and SIBO (chronic digestive issues), so I’m picky and have tried many supplements to reduce my symptoms. I’m definitely happy with this product so far.”
7. Remedys Nutrition Ginger[caption id="attachment_1481367038" align="aligncenter" width="1200"] Source: Remedys Nutrition Ginger[/caption]
8. Vimerson Health Turmeric Ginger[caption id="attachment_1481367040" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Source: Vimerson Health Turmeric Ginger[/caption]
9. Organic Aura Ginger
Jackie Says: “I use Ginger capsules for tummy health- my tummy loves knowing it is getting purity- thanks Organic Aura International!”
10. Herbal Secrets Ginger Root
One user says: “I have terrible stomach problems, mainly because of IBS that cause nausea really easy. It’s like being car sick ALL of the time. I decided to try these as I’ve read they work well for my issue. I have to say they do work really well! I don’t take them as directed, but only when I need them. I noticed that if I take it once I notice the nausea, it works a lot better, than taking after the nausea gets worse. I highly recommend them to anyone interested, or having stomach issues.”
Of course, ginger is also delicious in food. If you like the tasty tang of ginger, here are three recipes courtesy of the Food Monster App.
Between the turmeric, ginger, and garam masala, this Ginger Garlic Tofu Curry is sure to wake you up and get you going! Plus, the protein in the tofu cubes will keep you full and energized for hours after eating it! Enjoy this dish over a the carb of your choice for even more plant-based power!
This recipe has such a diverse array of nutrients in it! The tangy beets pair nicely with bitter kale and sweet pecans but the whole thing is tied together with an energizing ginger dressing. The best part is that the ingredients in this Kale, Beet, and Pecan Salad With Ginger Dressing are all winter-accessible!
This recipe is a whole lot of yum! The crispy tempeh is cooked to meaty perfection with a ginger lemon glaze! Tempeh is perfect because it’s filling and also contains so much protein! Enjoy this tangy Lemon Glazed Ginger Tempeh With Brown Rice and Basil and get moving!
For more energy-boosting recipes download our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead Image: Shutterstock