Combat your spring and summer allergies by making this creamy coconut-based curry with a touch of turmeric powder and garam masala. This dish can be made in a short 30 minutes which allows you to enjoy the rich layered flavors and aromas without sweating over the stove.
Ginger Garlic Tofu Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5.5 ounces of tofu, cubed
- 1-inch of fresh ginger, crushed
- 3 big garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sized carrot ,chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion whites
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 2 chopped green chilis
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon tomato chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan. Add crushed ginger and garlic and cook until it turns golden brown. Then, add chopped spring onion whites, greens, and chilies. Stir well.
- Add the chopped carrot, turmeric powder, tomato chili sauce, and pepper powder. Mix all ingredients well in the pan.
- Stir in the soy sauce before pouring in the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Cook the mixture covered for 10 minutes.
- Add tofu cubes and salt to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn flour and water mixture then cook for another 2 minutes.
You can substitute tofu with paneer or add cauliflower or broccoli.