Combat your spring and summer allergies by making this creamy coconut-based curry with a touch of turmeric powder and garam masala. This dish can be made in a short 30 minutes which allows you to enjoy the rich layered flavors and aromas without sweating over the stove.
Ginger Garlic Tofu Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Ginger Garlic Tofu Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5.5 ounces of tofu, cubed
- 1-inch of fresh ginger, crushed
- 3 big garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sized carrot ,chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion whites
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 2 chopped green chilis
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon tomato chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
How to Prepare Ginger Garlic Tofu Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan. Add crushed ginger and garlic and cook until it turns golden brown. Then, add chopped spring onion whites, greens, and chilies. Stir well.
- Add the chopped carrot, turmeric powder, tomato chili sauce, and pepper powder. Mix all ingredients well in the pan.
- Stir in the soy sauce before pouring in the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Cook the mixture covered for 10 minutes.
- Add tofu cubes and salt to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn flour and water mixture then cook for another 2 minutes.
You can substitute tofu with paneer or add cauliflower or broccoli.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.