A recent study on the health benefits of the elderly eating a plant-based diet revealed that it can reduce the risks of cognitive decline in the elderly.
Source: Evolving Past Alzheimer’s/Youtube
The research was conducted over the course of 12 years with the participation of 842 people aged over 65. It helped to track various elements in the diet, health, and lifestyle of the participants.
The collected data showed the effects of cognitive decline as the elderly participants made changes to their diets. Results showed the effects of a plant-based diet on their cognitive abilities and health.
This study revealed the long-term benefits of eating a plant-based diet around brain health and cognitive abilities. The study proved to be an effective method for reducing the risks of dementia and Alzheimers, as well as other cognitive diseases.
With just a simple dietary makeover, the elderly could benefit from their cognitive abilities and stay younger for longer. It also acts as a preventative measure for younger adults who may have a family history of such diseases and decline.
This is just another benefit to eating a plant-based diet, as so much research has already proven just how healthy a plant-based diet is in helping to prevent chronic diseases and increase longevity in adults.
- Plant‑Based Diet Makes Mans Severe Debilitating Migraines Disappear
- Study Finds Plant Based Diet is Amazing For Your Gut!
- BYU Basketballs Forward Yoeli Childs has Adopted a Plant Based Diet
- Woman Loses 105 Pounds and Gets Super Healthy on Plant Based Diet!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!