Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Video creator Armen Adamjan urges people not to throw away dragon fruit after eating it. Instead of just eating the seeds, grab a small piece of toilet paper, slap the dragon fruit on it, seed side down, and twist it on the paper until the seeds stick to the paper. Fold the toilet paper in half and place it flat on top of a pot with soil in it. Lightly sprinkle some more soil on top of the paper, mist it with water, and cover the pot with a plastic zip-lock bag. Place the pot somewhere warm, and in direct sunlight, and before you know it, your dragonfruit seeds will start to sprout!
This multi-colored fruit, which comes from a cactus and is covered in “scales” has a mildly sweet and crunchy flesh, with a flavor similar to that of kiwi. This fruit is high in fiber, making it good for digestion, and is also rich in iron, which aids in proper oxygen transportation throughout the blood.
Amazingly, it’s not so difficult to grow dragonfruit at home. In fact, for every dragonfruit eaten, therein lies the potential to start another, which works out great because it’s yet another excuse (as if we need one) to buy fresh fruit. You can follow Armen on Instagram for more creative hacks!
- How to Grow Your Own Pineapple
- 7 Unique Fruits To Try Out This Summer and Their Health Benefits!
- TikTok Tip: Pineapple Tea for Amazing Health Benefits
- How Growing Your Own Food Can Benefit the Planet and Why You Should Consider It
- The Ins and Outs of Growing Your Own Strawberries
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!