Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Energy-efficient washing machines can help you use less water and electricity, plus help save you money on utilities. We’ve compiled a list of a variety of different washers in terms of features, price, and size. For this reason, not every one of these machines is Energy Star certified, but they will all be among the most energy-efficient models in that particular price range and size. So, without further ado, here’s our list of energy-efficient washing machines.
1. KoolMore FLW-5CWH Front Loading Washer
This washer has a capacity of 4.5 cubic feet, 12 washing cycles, and offers a 20-minute quick wash. It features an inverter motor, which helps reduce the noise, and it’s High Efficiency, so you won’t have to worry about high energy costs. KoolMore FLW-5CWH Front Loading Washer costs $1,349.00 on Amazon.
One Amazon reviewer says, “The washer works great for my family of 6—we use it more often than three times a day!—and it holds up to the task 100%. It is quiet, easy to use, and surprisingly efficient. Would definitely recommend.”
2. Samsung WW22K6800AW/A2 Front Loading Compact Washer
This 2.2 cubic foot washing machine removes stains with a powerful steam wash, so you don’t need to pretreat your clothes beforehand. It also features speed washing which allows you to wash a full load in 40 minutes, has Vibration Reduction Technology, and it’s Energy Star certified. Samsung WW22K6800AW/A2 Front Loading Compact Washer costs $795.00 on Amazon.
One Amazon reviewer says, “Love it. Quiet and effective. I bought this for a closet off my living room that has a concrete floor and absolutely no regrets. Everything I wanted.”
3. LG WM4000HBA Front Loading Washer
This 4.5 cubic foot washing machine has TurboWash 360 Technology, which utilizes jet spray to help reduce the amount of time it takes to wash your clothes. It works with the ThinQ app, so you can manage your washing machine from your phone. Also, it is Energy Star certified. LG WM4000HBA Front Loading Washer costs around $1,200-1,400 on Amazon.
Simon says, “Top notch and expected LG quality, installed in a storefront for business tenant use. Works like a champ.”
4. HOmelabs HME030238N Top Loading Portable Washer
This 0.9 cubic foot washing machine is lightweight and includes wheels for rolling. It also features five washing settings, can fit up to 6 pounds of clothes, and has an estimated yearly energy cost of $3.00. HOmelabs HME03238N Top Loading Portable Washer costs $229.99 on Amazon.
Donna C. says, “So happy to find this space-saving washer it fits well in my little house and washes my clothes very good.”
5. Frigidaire FFTW4120SW Top Loading Washer
This 4.1 cubic foot washer features 12 cycle settings, a large capacity, and a durable stainless steel drum. It also allows you to toggle between 5 different soil levels and it’s a high-efficiency machine. Frigidaire FFTW4120SW Top Loading Washer costs around $850-900 on Amazon.
One Amazon reviewer says, “The best in every value. This washer is hands down a great deal, it works great and keeps up with my family of 7.”
6. BLACK+DECKER BPW30MW Top Loading Portable Washer
This washer has a capacity of 3 cubic feet and is a great fit for dorm rooms, RVs, and other small spaces. It features 6 different washing cycles, can accommodate an impressive 26 pounds of laundry, and includes delayed start and safety features. BLACK+DECKER BPW30MW Top Loading Portable Washer costs $515.46 on Amazon.
Johnna Lesperance says, “What a great sturdy machine, it works just as well as a full-size washer. Hook up is so simple, and I can wash a nice size load. I bought the rolling cart to make it super easy to move back and forth from the sink. Truly wonderful to drink my coffee and be in my pjs doing laundry at home. Worth every penny!”
7. COMFEE’ CLV20N3AMG Top Loading Portable Washer
This 2 cubic foot washing machine features 6 washing cycles to choose from and 3 different temperature modes. It also has a powerful motor, a delay start function, a reloading feature, and comes with a DOE certificate. COMFEE’ CLV20N3AMG Top Loading Portable Washer costs $379.00 on Amazon.
One Amazon reviewer says, “We live in an RV and this machine works fantastic! I’m doing the laundry for 3 adults and it handles it just fine. We have an RV king-size bed, and I can wash the sheets—one at a time. This is a hundred times better than going to a laundromat. It was a great purchase for us!”
8. Helohome HLT16W Top Loading Portable Washer
This space-saving 1.6 cubic foot washer features 6 washing cycles, 3 temperatures, and 3 water levels to choose from. It also has a delayed function feature, a child lock feature, and it’s estimated to consume only $8 of energy annually. Helohome HLT16W Top Loading Portable Washer costs $319.69 on Amazon.
David says, “Exceeded my expectations! Plenty of room for a small load of clothes. Easy to use and install was a breeze. Recommended!”
- 10 Eco-Friendly Detergents Easy On Your Skin and the Environment
- When to Replace Old Appliances and How to Do It Responsibly
- How to Do the Laundry with a Smaller Footprint
- DIY All-Natural Laundry Detergent
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!