Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Catherine Perez was a medical technologist in her early 20s when she realized that her health was suffering due to high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease and diabetes. To take control of her life, she focused on healthier food choices and became interested in veganism. She transitioned to a vegan diet in 2009, and her interest in plant-based diets led her to pursue a degree in dietetics. After earning her master’s degree in Human Nutrition, she became a full-time dietitian and started meeting with people one-on-one to share dietary information.
However, Perez soon realized that her reach was limited, and she wanted to share her advice with more people. She started an Instagram account and began posting pictures of her meals, which slowly attracted more viewers. She shared recipes and nutrition information and saw her number of followers increase exponentially. Perez now has a following of 600,000 people on social media and offers tips for free, including advice on how to pair foods for optimal nutrient absorption.
Perez’s transparency and open-mindedness have contributed to her success on social media, and she has become a voice of reason and encouragement for people who are confused about what they should be eating. She aims to empower people to take control of their diets and lead healthier lives.
Perez’s story is a testament to the power of making healthier food choices and the benefits of plant-based diets. She has transformed her own health and has become an inspiration to others who are looking to improve their health and well-being. Her success also highlights the importance of spreading awareness about the benefits of plant-based diets and the impact that social media can have on people’s lives.
As more people become interested in plant-based diets, it is crucial to have voices like Perez’s to guide them on their journey. Her success story serves as a reminder that anyone can make positive changes in their life and that small steps can lead to significant improvements in health and well-being. If you’re interested in learning more about plant-based diets, follow Perez’s social media accounts for inspiration and tips on how to make the transition.
- Houston Doctor Encourages Vegan Diets to Improve Heart Health
- How to Get Over Cheese Cravings on a Vegan Diet
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Transition to a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ways to Make a Raw Vegan Diet More Practical
- How to Choose the Right Prenatal Supplement on a Vegan Diet
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!