In this episode, I speak with Aidan Altman and Andrew McClure, the co-founders of Fora.
About Aidan Altman and Andrew McClure
Why You Should Listen
FabaButter is made using aquafaba, also known as the starchy water that comes in cans of chickpeas, and is palm oil free – two traits that set their product ahead of many butter alternatives out on the market.
In this conversation, we talk about:
- What motivated Andrew and Aidan to start a food company.
- What they learned from other existing butter substitutes to help guide their own ingredient list and marketing decisions.
- The struggles of launching a food start-up and what they are doing to build their brand from the ground up.
- Consumer behaviors and how they hope to create a product that is a one-to-one substitute for dairy.
- How Fora will stay original in the face of an increasingly saturated dairy-alternative sector.
- Marketing tips and advice they have picked up so far along their journey.
People/Companies/Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- FabaButter Kickstarter
- David Benzaquen
- Palm Oil
- Beyond Meat
- Impossible Foods
- Sir Kensington’s
- Warby Parker
- Fancy Food Show
- SoFi Award
- Mike Lee
- Terry Hope Romero
- Andrew Ive
- The Third Plate by Dan Barber
#EatForThePlanet With Nil Zacharias Podcast Links