Source: Wall Street Journal/YouTube
Nuhash Humayun’s live-action short film “Moshari” follows climate change in Bangladesh which has greatly affected the region.
“The film follows two sisters forced together to survive in a strange new world while battling their own inner demons,” Variety reported that the logline reads.
“Moshari,” which has gained much recognition, including the SXSW Jury Award and awards from Fantasia, HollyShorts, and Melbourne festivals. It is also the first Bangladeshi film ever to qualify for an Oscar.
Variety reported that Peele and Ahmed will be joining Monkeypaw president Win Rosenfeld and SVP of development and production Dana Gills for the project.
“’Moshari’ is a unique horror short in that it’s profoundly visual and emotionally striking from the first frame,” said Rosenfeld and Gills. “Nuhash drew us into his dynamic post-apocalyptic world and never let go. It’s a film about survival, love and family, but it’s also a terrifying and novel take on what a monster movie can be. Monkeypaw is so grateful to be part of the team.”
Ahmed and Moore added, “We were floored by Nuhash’s riveting film that evokes our subconscious fears, from the childhood monster under the bed to an apocalyptic future. He weaves together jump scares and an emotional survival story of two young sisters, confronting colonialism and climate change in the process. We’re thrilled to join Nuhash’s team and help share this story.”
As more and more climate documentaries are coming out, Netflix’s release of their climate change and sustainability collection, and the recent IPCC report that said it’s ‘now or never’ to take action against climate change, this playbook can be extremely helpful in shaping a new woke Hollywood.
- New Climate ‘Playbook’ Teaches Screenwriters How to Include Current Climate Emergency in Films
- 10 Animal and Environment Movies and Series of 2021
- Watch the Trailer for New Climate Change Film, ‘Meltdown’
- Michael Moore Releases New Climate Documentary
- Give Us a Break! The Most Eye-Roll-Worthy Statements About Climate Change
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!