This awards season has been a plant-based food lovers’ dream! The SAG, Critics Choice and Golden Globes all offered plant-based choices for guests. And now the Oscars are too! The Ocsars air Sunday, February 9.
The Golden Globes were notable in that it is a served dinner awards show. Their menu was completely plant-based. The Oscars plan to be 70% plant-based. Chef Wolfgang Puck, longtime Oscars’ caterer for the Governors Ball dinner, sat down with E! News hosts to discuss the menu. According to Variety, the awards show will also feature 1,500 recycled champagne bottles.
Watch Chef Wolfgang Puck talk about the menu
Speaking about his 26th Oscars meal, Puck shared, “Yes, there’s a lot of plant! We always did, but we never said it. Because, we always love vegetables. You know, I go to the farmer’s market all the time…So, vegetables are my thing.”
The Governors Ball Dinner includes passed small plates, tray-passed hors d’oeurves, small bites, chef stations and desserts. Some vegan highlights include:
- Double chocolate chip cookie (V) Make your own chocolate chip cookie with our recipe
- Red velvet brownie (V) Make your own red velvet brownie
- Margarita push pop (V) Serve some margarita ice cream at your next party
- Vegan cheese (V) Get our recipes for 20 vegan cheeses you can make at home
- Forbinnin black rice, miso-glazed baby eggplant, Hunan sauce, crispy wild rice (V) Make your own miso-glazed eggplant
- Wild mushroom bolognese, rigatoncini pasta (V) Make your own mushroom bolognese
- Housemade tofu, hijiki seaweed rice, carrot greens, edamame, ginger ponzu (V) Make your own tofu rice
- Moroccan spice vegetable tagine with cauliflower couscous, dried fruit harissa (V) Get the recipe for our Moroccan tagine
- Housemade campanelle pasta with preserved Meyer lemon, artichokes, English pea, pea tendrils (V) Make your own lemon artichoke pasta
- Braised leeks, fennel sunchoke puree, cipollini onion, haricot verts, tomato herb pistou (V)” Make your own fennel parsnip soup
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!