They are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, with just enough chocolate (two types!) to shine but not overpower the dough. You would never know that they are vegan (of course) and also free of gluten, refined sugar, and most common allergens. They are especially amazing served warm, fresh out of the oven for the ultimate gooey chocolaty experience, but the leftovers are also perfectly delicious at room temperature.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- bittersweet chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer (can be done by hand) to beat together the coconut oil with the coconut sugar and maple syrup until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla. Gently mix in the dry ingredients until a uniform dough is formed. Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks.
- Drop 1/4-cup portions of dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving at least a couple of inches in between each. Roll each portion into balls, then refrigerate, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Position a rack in the center of the oven. Bake the cookies 14-16 minutes, until golden around the edges. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then dig in!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
What kind of flour do i use for this recipe?