Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When this injured squirrel named Alvin was found, he had a cut on his leg, his nose was bleeding, and he was very dehydrated. Alexandra took him home to her apartment and did some research on how to care for an injured squirrel.
Source: The Dodo/Youtube
Alexandra had never been in close contact with a squirrel until she discovered Alvin and took him in. After consulting with a veterinarian, she learned how to syringe feed Alvin milk every two to three hours, similar to a baby. Over two weeks, Alvin slowly began to regain his strength as Alexandra continued to feed him. As time went on, the two of them became best friends and were practically inseparable. Alvin can be seen sitting on Alexandra’s shoulder enjoying a variety of fresh fruits, nuts, and seeds. Alexandra always made sure Alvin was completely free to go outside as he pleased, and thankfully never locked him up in a cage. After a long day of climbing trees and exploring nature, he would come back to his foster mom for a snack!
- Heartbreaking Rescue Story of Petal the Cat Who Was Bleeding for 2 Years and Waiting to Die
- After Spending 10 Days Apart Cat Can’t Stop Hugging His Dog Friend (VIDEO)
- This Cat Takes Care of His Sick Best Friend, Who’s a Dog! (VIDEO)
- Watch This Cat and Dog Playing Happily Together!
- Tycho and Refurb: A Lesson in Friendship for All Cats and Dogs (PHOTOS)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!