Authorities in the UK recently discovered multiple ponies who were trapped in a horrible situation that was so bad that rescuers had to break down walls and wade through feces to free the poor animals. For years, a couple had imprisoned nine animals in stables with ceilings so low, that the ponies could not stand up, and were forced to simply lay in their filth and feces. The horses did not have enough space to run free as they wish and were not given the care they deserve.
Alex Wildee, a field service investigator for the humane society, said, “Each species of animals have unique care requirements that must be met. As an animal owner, it is our responsibility to understand and provide for these needs.”
Neglect, or a failure to provide basic needs for an animal, makes up the vast majority of cruelty cases that animal control officers respond to, says the humane society. If you notice signs of animal abuse or neglect or have a question about animal cruelty, call your local animal control agency as soon as possible or dial 9-1-1. If you make a report of alleged animal cruelty, the responding agency is required to investigate, says the humane society.
Sign this petition to call for a public awareness campaign to teach people how to properly care for their horses, ponies, and other outdoor animals!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- End Elephant Exploitation and Abuse in Thailand
- Investigate Jared Kushner for shady investments from the Saudis
- Stop Organized Stalking and Electronic Harassment
- Demand Free Menstrual Products in Public Schools
- Leave 199-year-old Historic Bailey Park Alone
- Repeal the Order Declaring April Confederate History Month
- Justice for Patrick Lyoya, Murdered by a Grand Rapids Police
- Tell Seaside Aquarium to Give These Seals to a Sanctuary
- Pass Law Limiting the Number of Pets in a Given Family
- Urge Facebook to Enforce its Policies to End Wildlife Trafficking
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!