In a home in South Carolina, police officers and animal control officials discovered a horrific scene. An animal abuser had barricaded his dog in a bathroom and trapped him behind an air conditioner and heavy weight lifting equipment. But even once they got to the dog to extract it, they couldn’t.
Two of the poor dog’s paws had been screwed to the doorframe, painfully and tortuously keeping it frozen in place. An official later discovered a three-inch screw in the dog. The dog’s abuser had used a power drill to make sure that it was never coming out. The exhausted dog had to withstand its paw being ripped from the screw so that rescuers could rush it to safety. The dog is now safe and recovering, but it will be a long time before the emotional and physical scars from this horrific situation heal. To make matters worse, animal cruelty laws are lacking in South Carolina. Extreme torture of an animal only carries a sentence of up to two years in jail and fines of up to $2,000 says Care2.
Sign this petition demanding that this abuser receives a lifetime ban on owning or living with animals!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Protect Eastern Indigo Snakes
- Protect Birds from Crashing into Windows
- Urge Authorities to Find Animal Abusers in the UK
- Ban Duck Hunting in Victoria
- Justice for Dog Thrown Out of a Moving Car
- Urge Florida to Recommend Children get Vaccinated
- Call on Amazon to Become Carbon Neutral
- Demand Congress Protect North Atlantic Right Whales from Going Extinct
- Tell Missouri to Reject Abortion Bill
- Pressure the US Government to Clean Up Racist Air Pollution Practices
- Ask Swiss Lawmakers to Ban Eating Dogs and Cats
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!